Listen to the latest Astral Visions Mixcloud Show!

perjantai 15. heinäkuuta 2016

Various Artists - The Fruits De Mer Records Guide to the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy 7"

Fruits de Mer Records (crustacean 74)













Well, Keith at Fruits de Mer really has lots of "good" ideas... What we have here is a seven inch vinyl with three very different cover versions of the cosmic The Eagles instrumental "Journey of the Sorcerer". I can't say that I'm a big fan of The Eagles, but this track I do like... And so obviously do a lot of other psych heads, since there are even more music inspired by it on the CD that comes with the single (but not in this promo package I have here). For all the Brits this song is probably most known as the theme song of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy TV show in the late 70s. I don't think I've ever seen an episode, unfortunately, but the book is great. Anyway, first we get the Astralasia version, and as you might have guessed it's pretty electronic, trancey and faster than the original so that it's actually danceable. I like it a lot! Icarus Peel, on the other hand, takes the track to a whole different plane with his dreamy, esoteric and highly psychedelic interpretation. Wow! Blue Giant Zeta Puppies play some kind of psychedelic surf garage rock, so their version is again very different, but totally mind-blowing and hypnotic! It's impossible to say which version is my favourite since I love them all. I can't wait to get the official release next month to hear how these tracks sound from the right format and what the bonus tracks on the CD will be like...

www.astralasia.co.uk

www.facebook.com/icarus.peel

thebluegiantzetapuppies.bandcamp.com


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti